Sunday, September 26, 2010

I made it to Japan!!!

So I arrived on Friday night after about 26 hours of travel time along with incredible amounts of sleep deprivation. This actually worked out great since Yuki picked me up at the airport in Osaka, took me to dinner, and then pointed me to a bed... only to wake me up in the morning and take me to my first clinic.

The first day turned out great. Tetsuya, from O'Brien Japan, came out to the clinic and hung out on the boat with me for the day. He was incredibly helpful with translations and I had a lot of fun hangin' out with him. Throughout the day, we had about 8 riders and they each rode twice. On top of that, I ended up doing 4 exhibitions. It was an awesome. I've never seen so many people excited about wakeboarding.

So after spending the entire day on the water, we ended up grabbing dinner at a Japanese BBQ restaurant. They brought out a small round grill for the table and supplied us with plenty of food which we cooked ourselves. Everything that I ate was great although I did avoid a few things. There was a plate on the table that had chicken on it, but it wasn't your normal strips of chicken breast. It was everything. I'm talking about the stomach, intestines, liver, etc. and it was all just a jumbled mess. I decided to play it safe with that plate.

Anyways, day 1 was amazing. I love the people and the culture. This trip is going to be an incredible experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment